Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday freebie - vintage measuring tape

I wanted a vintage measuring tape, and couldn't find one - so I decided to take a new one and make it look old. First I soaked it in Rooibos tea for a day, but it didn't really have the desired effect - ended up using distressing ink to give it that vintage feel. This is a piece of it, but I have to admit for this version there was a little bit of digital enhancing involved and actually what I would like the real one to look like ;-)  Have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Thank you for the measuring tape. I've been wishing I had one but too lazy or dumb to figure it out. Thanks!!! Lilla

elle said...

Hello there! So glad I've stumbled upon your blog, and I've easily become an admirer of your work! And thank you so much for sharing freebies just like these! It definitely sparks creativity on my end.